Are you ready to cookout this weekend? Are you hosting a big grill out for Memorial Day? Do you have to bring a food dish to pass at a family gathering? Well if you said yes to any of these scenarios then food safety is a concern. Here are some food safety tips to consider:
- Keep cold foods cold and hot foods hot.
- Separate food categories; meats, vegetables, fruits, dairy, etc.
- Always wash your hands when dealing with raw meat!
- Refrigerate or freeze leftovers into small portions within two hours of cooking.
- Be smart. Keep foods apart. Don’t cross-contaminate.
- Use a food thermometer to ensure your meat is cooked correctly.
- Clean cooking utensils & cutting boards between prepping food groups
- Danger Zone of food is (40◦F- 140◦F) and when foodborne bacteria starts to grow.
Everybody has a role to play in keeping food safe. Check out the following infographic from the CDC.