Professional & Personal Background
James started working in the Community Health Department as the Public Health Emergency Preparedness Coordinator in May of 2017. His focus is on preparing the Community Health Department for, and responding to, events that pose a substantial risk to the health of the community. Other duties include education with a focus on CPR training for Forest County Potawatomi employees. James was previously employed by Oneida County EMS system as a Paramedic for 13 years. James is also an EMT with the Laona Rescue Unit located in Laona, WI. James attended college in Rhinelander, (NATC) and in Wausau, (NTC).
Education & Licenses
- Northcentral Technical College Wausau – NREMT-P, ACLS, PALS
- Nicolet Area Technical College – AHA CPR Instructor
- FEMA Incident Command System.
- FEMA National Incident Management System.
- National Registered Emergency Medical Technical – Paramedic
- American Heart Association CPR instructor.
Area of Focus
Public health, safety and Community Preparedness in the event of Epidemic Illness or Disaster. Basic Life Support Education.