Professional & Personal Background
Katherine has been working for the Community Health Department since March of 2017. Her current roles include clinical/community registered dietitian nutritionist, certified lactation consultant, and WIC director. Her focus includes educating individuals and groups on a variety of health conditions/diseases and discussing disease relationships to food and nutrition. Katherine’s role as a dietitian includes providing nutrition education for the Infant Nutrition Program; certifying, educating, and supporting families into the Wisconsin WIC (Women, Infant and Children) Program; nutrition counseling; and nutrition-focused educational lectures (Diabetes Program, After School Program(s), Healing House(s), Caring Place, and Tribal Wellvation). Katherine's passion is to assist in positive, healthy lifestyle changes in the Forest County Potawatomi community in accordance to quality improvement studies, best practice, and functional medicine to combat nutrition-related conditions and diseases.
Education & Licenses
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR)
- Licensed/Certified Dietitian, Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services
- Diagnosing Malnutrition Certificate, Graduate Certificate- University of Delaware
- Chronic Kidney Disease Education Program for Renal RDN Certificate, DaVita Healthcare Company
- Diabetes Prevention Program Lifestyle Coach Certification, Center for Disease Control and Prevention
- Forest County Potawatomi Women, Infant, and Children (WIC) Director/Nutritionist, Wisconsin DHS
- Cancer Clear & Simple Facilitator Certificate, Carbone Cancer Center, University of Wisconsin - Madison
- Lactation Counselor Certification, Center for Breastfeeding
- Indian Health Services ServSafe Manager, American Restaurant Association
- Human Nutrition and Functional Medicine Graduate Program, University of Western States
Area of Focus
Infant Nutrition Program, WIC, Tribal Wellvation, Active Participant in Nutrition-Focused Coalitions, Behavioral Health (Healing House Nutrition Activities), Health Coaching, Health Promotion/Disease Prevention, Childhood Nutrition, Native American Indigenous Nutrition, Cancer Clear & Simple, Diabetes Prevention Program.