Eating diet filled with fruits and vegetables is critical to a healthy diet. Daily consumption of fruit vegetables can reduce the risk of chronic disease, such as heart disease, stroke, diabetes, obesity and certain types of cancers. Fruits and vegetables are naturally low in fat and calories. They also are an excellent source of fiber, which helps you feel fuller, longer. Fruits and vegetables contain many nutrients, including potassium, dietary fiber, folate (folic acid), vitamin A and vitamin C – many which tend to be under consumed.
Strive to eat at least five fruits and vegetables a day. Be sure to eat a variety of colored fruits and vegetables. Try them raw, steamed, cooked, baked or grilled. June is the start of summer and what comes with these warmer months? Fresh fruits and veggies! Make your wish list and start enjoying.
Visit the FCP Market Place by the Stone Lake C-Store on Thursdays from 2:00 – 6:00 pm. Try various types of fresh produce each week!
Fresh Fruit with Poppy Seed Dressing
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon orange peel, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poppy seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 4 medium peaches, peeled and sliced
- 4 medium oranges, peeled and sliced
- 4 kiwi, peeled and sliced
- Combine dressing ingredients in small bowl.
- Arrange fruit in bowls and top with dressing.
Recipe Source: www.food.com